PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2019, 06:30
Jumbo2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeAlpha320
Stay at EZY if they offer you SH. Its not worth 'getting on the seniority list'. Im 80ish percent on the 777 list but doesn't mean anything for at least another 4 years. Thats assuming I get LH when my freeze up- which there is no guarantee of- especially given number of DEP LH recently. Like you say - what will LH look like in 6/7/8 years when you get there. If the hotels they are forcing on us are any indication, its not very nice.

The lifestyle is better at EZY, I had more days off, enjoyed it more and do wish I had stayed. I made the decision to accept SH, Ive learnt to live with it and will stay put unless I can find a better option. Call their bluff, they realise nobody wants SH, so are trying to offer to anyone they can to get bums on seats. We are desperately short already and it's only June.

Don't come here for SH, you will regret it. BA are years behind on what is acceptable rostering- single days off, six day blocks e.t.c and you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting maybe another year or two (if it came to having to re-apply) for LH.

Get a command, enjoy the cash. If LH comes your way, go for it. Friends that have gotten DEP LH love it. Don't give up orange life for BA short haul. Not worth it. (IMHO)
Funny that is. Know of lots of pilots in the top 40% on the SH Airbus list who will have the opportunity to go LH next year since their engagement freeze is over and have decided not to bid in this years PRIAM bid. All of them wanted to go LH as soon as possible when they joined BA with 1000's of hours in previous airlines. Now they have the chance to go LH they elect to stay for a bit longer on SH while more new people get recruited onto LH and therefor when they do jump get more seniority and therefor say about their rosters.

For me personally the good thing about BA is that there is no fixed roster pattern and you can do with your roster what you prefer. I like to work long blocks with little days off in between so in return I get longer blocks off as well. Saying BA is lightyears behind with rostering is a bit like the discussion on Yammer where a FO had a massive go at crew food and particularly the cold breakfast on SH which he deemed an inappropriate breakfast because HE didn't like it.

Last edited by Jumbo2; 8th Jun 2019 at 10:40.