PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 8th Jun 2019, 06:20
Captain.Crunch

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer
I would agree, that and it seems a lot of places here are struggling a little less now than in the last 6-12 months to recruit pilots so I'm sure the minimums they are hiring at (for sponsored pilots) is higher than before, I heard through a Aussie friend here that is mate was given the TBNT after interviewing recently after what he claims was a pretty good interview, the reality may have been different, but still I think its safe to say the landscape has changed here for hiring. The airline I am at has certainly raised the bar for who they will give job offers too and folks not really impressing are being turned away...compare that to 6-12 months ago where you just had to have pulse to get a job...

I found the interview process to be pretty straight forward for my airline. Although I did a lot of preparation in the lead up! I think if you do your homework they aren't looking to road block you. I think it would be pretty hard to fail if you at least show them that you have made some sort of effort. There are plenty of resources out there to make sure you have your eyes wide open going in.

Different companies would have different needs, but the general consensus that I've experienced is that there will still be a lot of hiring for the foreseeable future. But better to get in now as it doesn't seem to be as ripe as 6 months ago.. but there is still more going on over there than Australia currently!