PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2019, 05:11
SWBKCB

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts
1) Putting Reykjavik, Akureyri and Nuremberg on their map of destinations, even with an unexplained asterisk next to them, is pushing things a little.
Agreed

2) They're saying the A1/A696 access needs improving. Why? Edit: The answer, although unconvincing, is in the report.
Seriously? It's already a struggle to get out of the airport at busy points (it won't be long until the queue for the A696 starts inside the drop-off zone...) and getting on/off the A1 can be a struggle. Given the level of house building taking place and planned for the North and West of Newcastle. things aren't going to improve any time soon. Fail to plan...

The Western By-Pass really needs a Western By-Pass, but they need to start planning now to go triple level to seperate North/South and East/West traffic, like they've done at Silverlink.

3) When every airport like Newcastle has a direct link to every airport like Sao Paulo, a) Sao Paulo airport will have to be bigger than Sao Paulo, and b) Newcastle and Sao Paulo will both be underwater.
On point 3 I'm maybe being flippant but I'm making a relevant question: What is the limit to growth, both for worldwide air travel and for NCL? Because there has to be one.
My Dad's been saying the same about house prices for the past 30-40 years...