PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Exams
Thread: EASA Exams
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2019, 20:38
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: With many fails I mean question fails from the CAA marking wrong answer as good for example. Its not that I do not understand what to do but I do not know what the CAA wants answered and the people writing comments in the question bank are just as confused.

As for the Ground school as I said Goldwings do not have an integrated program just a course with lectures its not integrated school but modular, the integrated is just starting in cooperation with an university. The flight school is great for flying and learning you the practical knowledge, I never said it got an integrated ATPL ground school. But the problem is not about not knowing what to do but about the CAA expecting strange answers. So if the answer CAA mark as correct is wrong and it was reported to EASA but they did not change the answer to the good one yet then they should inform about it like "we know the right answer by the book is this, but by mistake our exam want this answer we are sorry and will change it in the future".

As for the question banks Bristol is good for the theory lessons in the online ground school (that is what we get for free in the modular course) but their questions are extremely few and totally unlike those in Aviation Exam and ATPL questions and totally unlike the real exam questions. So I do them just to check how I do with unknown questions. The whole problem is that the 2x question banks had a discussion going on about this question and students reported that for example Czech CAA wanted the wrong answer, the Aviation Exam got the correct answer marked as good one.... but ATPL questions claim that almost all CAA want the wrong answer but that EASA was supposed to look into it in 2018. So I hope they fixed it because I am totally not wasting time on contesting a question.

PS. Most people do not like the Performance (but only Performance got answers where CAAs choose their own wrong answers and people totally write pages of comments about it and someone got the point granted after contesting the question) and Planning exams, some also the General Navigation. Myself I liked General Navigation just had to learn the formulas and easily cruised through all question banks and the real exam. But question banks were good for some theory like that sun is going around the earth because the question creator imagined how it looks like for someone standing on earth. While like 95 % people say on instinct earth is going around the sun and do not think how it looks like from the surface.

Either way hopefully I will not draw that question so it wont destroy my performance score. Oh and may I ask when did you do it? If it was like 10 years ago then all you had to do to pass is the question bank because there were like no new questions on the real exam, so people learned for themselves but remembered the question bank for results (some people did it all in 1 month). Today there are new questions so you have to actually understand everything if you are going to pass the exams with 90 % average and first time pass. Question bankers only will ofc. also pass the whole ATPL(A) but they may have to redo some exams and count on a lucky draw to get more than 75 % known questions.