PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The worst decision.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2019, 17:46
spitfirejock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a depressing thread....but I see an opportunity....

I agree wholeheartedly schools should not keep their prices so low as to be unable to pay good dedicated instructors a living wage commensurate with their skills and profession, problem is, unless your in a communist state, prices are decided by the business owners and its illegal to price fix....however, I was under the impression there was an instructor shortage so how is this still happening?

If the schools keep doing this surely they will not be able to attract instructors and grow their business, indeed, might not their business ultimately demise? The eastern block prices don't help but again, isn't there a quality message or do we all now think that flight training is the same wherever you go?

I am located in the USA, and as I have said before on this forum, schools are desperate for career minded (EASA) instructors willing to commit to 12-18 months contract. I know one company that continually advertises on their website, is offering at least 80 hours a month at a good rate and still no takers. No problem with the working visa either. There is one UK approved ATO offering EASA training that I know who are eligible to offer E2 working visas fto UK Nationals for 5 years of work and are short of instructors. So if you are really serious, are looking for at least an 18 months commitment to instructing, are willing and able to live in the USA for up to 5 years (or even longer), and desire a good sensible living wage (circa $3,000 a month), why not give them a call?