PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Exams
Thread: EASA Exams
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2019, 13:07
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@paco: Oh then I understand it, that is why CAA will have to check the schools if they do it properly, since every school probably wish for its students to learn as much as possible and then achieve the best possible results. So it will then be checked if the best possible results are done fairly from school to school.

But I believe if its not CAA doing it then its "butter on butter" (hard to translate wordplay to English) because the schools are already assessing the students in each exercise (only time building is without assessment but for example at my school you have to deliver an envelope after each cross country flight with weight&balance, performance vs each airfield in the plan + weather info + actual airspace + flight plan for the flight) + most I believe also make practical intern theoretical examinations before certain exercises during both PPL(A), MEP(L), IR/ME and CPL(A) training. And then in the end the practical examiner also ask questions before and during the flight. Then its MCC/JOC or APS MCC, the assessment at the airline and type rating.

I believe EASA should concentrate more upon making the theoretical exams more modern with questions like in radio navigation about the PBN etc. and less stuff that is not being practically used for 50 years or knowledge about parts that the pilot can neither assess before flight or fix during flight and that only mechanics get to see in reality when performing maintenance. And to make the exams less random in workload that is for example if performance exam is 1 hour for 35 questions then it should be for example 9 graphs draw for each student not that one get 5 and another get 17 and they have the same time to finish the exam. Of course in the real life stuff happen randomly BUT if the exams are to compare student results then its like comparing "emergency vs normal flight" but giving the same % result.