PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Exams
Thread: EASA Exams
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2019, 05:33
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
The current database will be reduced to around 10 000 questions all sparkly new and with the copyright owned by EASA instead of the stakeholders. As far as I know KSA 100 (knowledge Skills and Attitude) will not be retrospective - it would appear to have been requested by the airlines as they don't seem to be happy with the current quality. I have always been in complete disagreement with it, as anyone at the EASA meetings I attended will tell you, because, not only is it an area any State should not be involved in (if the airlines want it, they should provide it), it also opens up a whole legal minefield. I happen to be a CRMI and therefore have some sort of training to be able to certify people in that area, but others cannot. It means that it is possible to pass all the exams and still not get your licence because your attitude at the school is suspect.

Some schools will be using teamwork to build nuclear devices out of lego blocks, but they would be large ones with some sort of exposure to students over long periods. Some of us get personal exposure for three days only and even then sometimes only one in the classroom. In addition, most of our students end up in odd places working by themselves, so such an exam is less relevant. So we will dispense with traditional mock exams and use a mixed oral, and look at areas such as whether progress tests were submitted on time, or out of order etc.

I have nothing to do with the exams themselves - I was merely on the committee that established the new syllabuses.

Different authorities shouldn't get different answers, as, in theory they all draw from the same central source, but they are allowed to make alterations. That's the problem with EASA - in reality we're no better of than with JAA, where Authorities could pick and choose which laws they implemented. Now, they can pick and choose which laws to ignore.