PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2019, 16:07
Fly757X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharklet_321
Fly757X Those load factors just go to show that the success in this industry when it comes to smaller airports is with the low cost carriers. I am not sure the thinner routes can survive unless perpetually supported by PSO
I think it's more just the broad set up of those routes. Glasgow's times are far from ideal at present for the locals who would use the service if there was an early flight on a Monday for instance. They're also pushed away by the fact it's a SF34. Absolutely nothing wrong with the SF34s in my eyes but it's part of a wider attitude here that has came to be over the last few years that it's either Ryanair... or go to Belfast. MAN has seen impressive loads, roughly 5 empty seats a flight albeit prices are relatively low for LM, coming in around £80-100 a week in advance. STN is starting to normalise again after BM's collapse. EDI is starting to do a bit better too but it can vary dramatically week on week. I believe that if LM tweaked GLA a bit, maybe extra or earlier flights on MON/FRI/SUN and some days being upgauged to an ER4, it would certainly help reduce the Nativity of the public in the city when it comes to Aviation, specifically "buses with wings" and "those wee things."