PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2019, 15:47
Lonewolf_50

Received 412 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Wolfie
i think you've just proved my point...........
Nope, that's called "failure in reading comprehension"

Your pissing and moaning is all about your own nation's impotence. since you can't, you get upset with others who can, so, I was and am warning you :
Prepare to be more upset, in the very near future.

The Chinese aren't going anywhere any time soon besides further toward center stage.
They are the 800 pound gorilla.

You won't have a similar relationship, special or otherwisde, with the Chinese that you do with your current allies

And while we are at it: I do not find Trumps' rhetoric helpful. I'd prefer the special relationship to heal, not fracture further ... but I'm not the King
You can take your little picture of Trump and stuff it where the sun don't shine, Sunshine.

For tartare:
If it all goes down I have a feeling it won't end well for China.
They are playing in their home field. What won't end well?
I reckon things will reach a point where the United States acts pre-emptively, unilaterally and very swiftly.
That's a vague statement: what do you mean by that? Conventional strike, or the big N?
Doesn't the OPLAN say it'll take fifteen minutes?
What OPLAN?
We seem to forget the overwhelming might of the US military - aren't all submarine warheads now HTK capable?
"Overwhelming" as compared to what? The USN has shrunk over the last decade.
What's Hit to Kill got to do with your estimate?
I often look at Asian faces in the street and think how utterly dreadful it would be. Can you tell who's Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese?
I used to be better at guessing the difference between Korean, Japanese and Chinese than I am now, as I've not lived in Asia for over two decades. Some people can tell pretty well.
What would happen to all those ex-pats - how would they be treated?
Well, I suspect that's a story without a happy ending if your expectation is that a war starts soon.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 6th Jun 2019 at 16:00.