PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane crash at Orange Airport
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2019, 11:30
Denning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NVFR Generally

guys. Apologies if this seems a stupid question but its something I’d like to get clarified. If we say that circuit training at night in a single under NVFR is an unacceptable risk, and this extends to doing this during a BFR, isn’t this a statement that single engine NVFR itself is an unacceptable risk and should not be undertaken (ie scrap the NVFR rating altogether and prohibit single engine ops to day VFR only)?

It seems to be that if recurrent training for a particular rating is too dangerous, doesn’t that make exercising the privileges of the rating also too dangerous? If recurrence training at night is stopped, but the NVFR is still available we are basically saying that once you have a NVFR you should never have your night flying reviewed or monitored? Doesn’t this make NVFR even more dangerous.

i want to be clear, I do not have the experience to give any informed view as to whether or not conducting recurrency training in a single at night is an unacceptable risk. However, if we accept that it is, doesn’t that make night flying in a single generally an unacceptable risk?

Denning