PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avionixs Skyecho2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2019, 10:52
ivorPhillips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Romeo Tango
My experience with SE2:
A well designed bit of kit, sees ADSB targets well on Skydemon and is good source of GPS to non-GPS tablets.
BUT only a small fraction of small aircraft currently transmit ADSB. This means one sees the grown up aircraft going into the big airfields but not the small ones that one may bump into.
I expect we will all be made to have ADSB soon (cue another expensive transponder change just after we have all installed mode S) so this will not be a problem (if you see what I mean!).
The other solutions probably see more today but IMHO are a dead end and will be obsolete when ADSB gathers steam.
Dead is the operative word if as you put it bump into something before ADS-B is mandated for all,
I Have Rossetta plus Mode S with ADS-B out at SIL1 so spent a fair wack over the last couple of years, and for that I am as visible as I can be for most of the traffic out there including Gliders,
Flying back last Saturday I changed course many times to maximise separation between us, undoubtedly there were other aircraft that didn’t show, but I felt it made me safer with the one that did,