PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 6th Jun 2019, 10:01
roundsounds

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by thorn bird
Clare, I have the utmost respect for you having go, as I did almost fifty years ago.
I got out not because I could see no future, but I moved on to other things.
When you consider that Graham Crawford will likely become the new DAS, when you look at what has happened to so many enthusiastic people who have run afoul of the regulator, when you look at the level of competence across CASA, and I acknowledge there are some very good people within the regulator.
When you look at our regulations against our peers, it sticks in my craw, but I fear Dick Smith's advice to get out while you can probably has some merit.
The Polliwaflers bang on about sovereign risk for those considering investing in Australia, what about sovereign risk for anyone considering investment in Australian aviation? An AOC will cost you a small fortune, but is in essence valueless.

Who will be the last man standing in GA in Australia?
I think the end game is to have a small handful of big schools. Easy to administer from CASA’s perspective and financially viable as they will be able to charge enough to be profitable - the Coles / Wollies model.