PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No accidents/incidents letter GCAA
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2019, 04:25
joe falchetto 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooter Rassmussin
There,s no room for Superstition or Religion in the cockpit , look at the crash records .
No, there isn’t . I am working for a chinese airline. Just two days ago I got a bird strike during the approach: reported it, filled in the SMS message, got the receipt and that was it; had a hard landing 2 months ago , (first one) while being PM, company asked for a meeting and Safety asked me why I didn’t take ove: I explained that the energy level was too low and the tailstrike could have been an issue, and company agreed on that . That was it: no penalty, no other annoying stuff.
Regarding the “License Verification Letter” that one has been asked to me by every airline I have applied for: it has to be issued by the local CAA, I.e. the CAA that has issued the license in EASAland. As I know , that isn’t a problem with any CAA in EASA. A different matter is the so- called security letter o safety letter (those are different meanings but often used for the same subject): it has to be issued by your last employer, with proper signature and stamp. Generally speaking , it relates to flight time , security issues or HR issues. Both letters report a brief statement regarding accidents or incidents. Just for information: many airlines in China accept the “security letter” released, stamped and signed by some pilot’s union that has reached an agreement with the local branch of CAAC.
Happy landings.
Joe.