PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 5th Jun 2019, 08:09
Gavin Kukard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I am busy applying as well, just waiting for my resume to be done. Have no idea what to expect, but hoping to get in. On my way over there from South Africa, so figured I may as well try to get back into aviation while i'm busy turning my world on its head.

Does anyone know how long after online assessments the site assessments will be? And how long after that we'll know if we're in or not? It would make my immigration plans easier if I knew for sure where I was going to, i.e. Melbourne or somewhere warmer..
I have read through the history on here but it seems verrrry variable. Sometimes days, sometimes months.

Sachcho, as far as I know the only reason they require a recent qualification is to show that you have the ability to study a large volume of theory work in a set time. I also don't believe that the field of study matters too much, but this is only an assumption. Then as far as remuneration, if I recall correctly I read somewhere that its around AUD$53k per year while training in Melbourne (12-14months), then AUD$73k while practical training at destination facility (3-6months), then AUD$104k once you receive your rating. This is more or less what I remember, not sure of exact figures at all.

Good luck for the process!
Regards, Gavin