PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smartlynx A320 runway excursion EETN 28.2.2018
Old 4th Jun 2019, 20:16
FreezingDrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giggitygiggity
Really? If I go around, must I apply the MEL before I land again? If I get a no-go item such as an aircraft that will no longer compress due to a tail strike, what am I supposed to do? The MEL can be used for information, but not procedures to be followed as they're designed for use on the ground. Some procedures might ask you to pop cbs, those procedures are not approved for use in flight.
As already pointed out, this FCOM revision was related to cirquit training, not to normal revenue flights. In cirquit training this means that you cannot perform a touch and go (or a full stop and a new take off) IF you have new failures and IF you haven’t applied the MEL. If, say, an ELAC fails during cirquit, instead of a planned touch and go, you must now make a full stop landing, apply the MEL and then take off again if allowed by MEL. Obviously if you are airborne, you’ll handle your ECAM actions the same as always.