PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Want to see the Dakota armada heading for France, places to be
Old 4th Jun 2019, 17:41
NutLoose

Received 2,920 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Duxford day one, turned up fashionably late to avoid the traffic and it worked, straight in but parked miles from the main area, Daks loaded up and took off for mass drop then landed again, weather was gusting 12 to 15 knots where the chutes are limited to 10 knots so drop was cancelled, the wind dropped a bit after taxying in with promises of another attempt but the weather turned for the worse with rain as well, so drops scrubbed, I can't understand it, they're only paras nice to see a row of Daks taxying out though and have pictures to sort through

Display by two Austers followed by 2 seat spit and mk 9 displayed, lots of this thing flew on DDay.... Well the data plate might off.. did well in formation with cross wind. Three Daks then displayed in formation and were followed by the p47 2 P51 and a Wildcat, singletons and formation, due to drop cancelled they were putting up three more Daks but as rain was getting heavy I departed just in time to be subject to a hit and run, luckily just scuffed some lacquer, what rankles is I have a dashcam on order that would have got his number, building on road has cctv so visiting them tomorrow morning to see if they got him on it.

lets see what tomorrow brings.