PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 4th Jun 2019, 04:13
dr dre

Received 367 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
Perfect! That’s good information, ( minus the snippy comments at the end which add emotion and detract from the discussion), thank you very much, you’ve help me take one more step towards a position on this complex topic.
Well here's another snippy comment.

Couldn't you have done that research for yourself? It only took me a few seconds to google "2015 NASA antarctic study" and find the study and the author's analysis of the data. And relatively easy to filter out the denier's comments and find the actual scientific review of the study.

It's easy to go onto one of the denial sites and endlessly regurgitate their taking points ad nauseum without any critical thought, as so many have done on this forum. For those who are genuinely wanting to see how flimsy the arguments against the science are please look at this website, Skeptical Science. Hundred's of anti-science arguments clearly debunked.

After reading through a lot of scientific analysis and research lately I'm now convinced that anyone who claims they have researched the issue and still thinks that climate change is a hoax is on the same level as moon landing skeptics, chemtrailers and anti-vaxxers. However I'm convinced that despite all the scientific research I try to bring into this conversation there are those who will just point blank refuse to acknowledge the truth, be it for reasons of money, politics or pride.