PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civilian Vs Military Technical training
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 18:32
Haydn237

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i've passed my psychometric test, and sat my interview, I need to sort my debt out before I can join the Royal Navy, which they have an intake for my role in October, and I've pretty much already sorted the financial situation out.
The opportunity to join i've got is as a Leading Technician, so after my 2 year training I will end up being a supervisor - does this mean I wont actually get to work on aircraft and will only be watching / signing off other peoples work? Because I do want to get stuck in myself and do the job.

Jet2 have got back to me to carry out their own psychometric assessment, and I shall find out after the couple of interviews, assessment day, etc whether I have been successful, and the final decision will be made at the end of July, so I will find out the results before I am given the opportunity to join the Navy.
In this situation I will have to decide ultimately between civilian vs military.

Is the transition from military to civilian really that difficult? Is it hard to find an airline that will employ you whilst you are still re-locating?

Thanks again