PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 16:25
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
Wow. ........ So, only as and when ER, the Greens, the Sainted Emma T etc come out and campaign for people to have less children will I start to take them seriously and I will not, under any circumstances, be lectured on climate change by anyone with more than two children.
Well said WW. Not had kids of my own so "doing my bit" to bring the world population down thereby reducing global warming.

Mind you, have inherited several step-kids along the way (I know, what a Wally I am), all of whom are quite happy to lecture us oldies on such "green" matters on a regular basis. One slight problem - the education system seems to not have included instruction (us oldies clearly have no idea whatsoever and are not allowed to make such suggestions on such matters it seems - learned that the hard way!) on the relationship between light switches being left on overnight and power wastage. I regularly find at least their bathroom light on at any time of the day or night along with a bedroom light. Fortunately, only one left living at home now - and we are all counting down the days, mark you!!!!

Best was when eldest last staged a visit "gracing us" with both her "presence" and "wisdom" as only a 25 yr old can. Went down in the morning to let the cat out (assuming it had been let in/left in overnight). Trogged down stairs to find, not only bathroom light left on overnight, but top landing/stairs light, hallway light, dining room light AND kitchen light - oh, and lounge light. Excuse from delightful eldest? "Well, you can't expect us to get safely up stairs in the dark!". I did not even bother asking why they had simply not turned the lights off as they made their way upstairs - just as I do every night - though why all those lights were needed to "safely get upstairs" in the first place was beyond me anyway!

Some generations are just not worth discussing such matters with ...... besides, they are all to busy supporting the latest "Extinction Rebellion" or whatever the latest fad is to have time to do their bit! TBH, I just blame their Mother as they were all well into their teens when I "won" them ........

"Rant mode set to "Off"" - H 'n' H heads off to calm down again!