PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 14:41
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Given stories like Glen Buckley’s and the results of the Forsyth review, what blue sky exists for the industry Nulli?

I have worked with over 200 businesses when I was with Government and I am familiar with the rules of the game; like farmers you never let on when you are making money and you always moan and complain about everything all the time - par for the course.

However I have never, ever, heard or read such negative stories about a government department like CASA, not even about the ATO. I don’t think it’s just Dick or the odd malcontents, the Senate doesn’t mount reviews for nothing. I see no evidence of hidden wealth in the aviation industry - a look at the fleet doesn’t suggest much investment either. Facility investment is not apparent with the exception of large foreign student operations that have as little local content as possible.

I would love to be proved wrong, but all I see is run down facilities and people constantly worried about the regulator closing them down, the fear in any operation about a visit from CASA is palpable. CASA seems as popular as a dose of the flu.

On an optimistic note if Government wants to encourage jobs investment and growth, then adopting the FAA regs and a more relaxed, less anal approach to aviation regulation would be an easy option. The industry would blossom overnight. Go to NZ and take a look at their industry as an example of what happens when the lead weight of over regulation is removed. Ever seen milford sound airport on a sunny day?

Last edited by Sunfish; 3rd Jun 2019 at 15:10.