PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 13:32
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by BluSdUp
Sooo!
Some morons wants to torpedo me and my nice shiny Jet into London with drones and some of You think this is cool!
Fantastic!
BSU, the likelihood of you, a whale eater of renown, being harpooned by a DJI is pretty remote. I wouldn't lose too much sleep on it, and think of the war story you would get if you were to have a drone strike. The thing about drones is that they appear a nuisance, and they are if you are sunbathing topless, but some very smart people have spent a fair bit of time thinking things through, and it is an ill advised activity to zip around in restricted airspace with a quad copter. The defences are about a decade ahead of the drones at this time, befitting the potential headline risk that they pose. Now in other areas of the world, less interest may have been expended on the issue, but the public have some smart chaps protecting your shiny equipment on final. The less said about drone defence the better, it is a dark art, but it is active and has some rather prompt consequences to players.

Headlines of mayhem at Heathrow is healthy for the public anxiety, it helps fund the dark arts, and adds column inches to the tabloids and Fox.

Choppers are the high risk vehicles, not from malicious intent, just from incompetence and non compliance of the odd occasional drone drivers sharing the lower but higher fun levels.