PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 06:37
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night time limit

Originally Posted by LTNman
The council are not fit or proper to decide any planning application regarding the airport as they have a vested interest. LLAOL seek an exemption and reward for failing to comply with a somewhat relaxed night time limit that was set by the council in the belief that it could not be broken. The question has to be asked has the council prompted LLAOL to put this application in?
As a resident here in Luton and who pays my community charge, I would have questioned why both the council and or airport operator did not seek to alleviate the many extra flights required to operate between the UK and Madrid knowing that a lot of airports in particular at this part of the country are operating are constrained. Every flight generates money for the economy and you being a Luton resident should know how the airport benefits not just luton residents but equally the surrounding towns. For the record those extra night time flights went un-noticed by us residents living under the flight path here in South Luton. I am convinced you are a Ladican member but yet I assume an employee of the airport. Could that mean there is a conflict of interest there?