PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC Simtech Dublin OR Sky4u Berlin RYANAIR.
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 18:15
737fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marotti84
I don't know if Ryanair knows the past reputation of SKY4u, I belive they don't.

I want to point out something else.
Ryanair wanted a training partner that could train pilots faster and to a good standard in order to pass a type rating course with no problem. They need pilots how are a secure investment, as right now the company pays 25k euro and the cadet only 5k with no salary reduction! SKY4u is not the best out there, but had a good business model and managed to start this collaboration with them. The reality is that when the first candidates from that school reached the assessment process, Ryanair realized that they were not better trained than others APS ATO students. That flight school has not convinced the airline that their training is excellent, in fact I will not be surprised if they will stop this collaboration in the near future. Nothing wrong with the APS MCC program, they just choose the wrong partner and its not easy to change that.

Also, Ryanair had a collaboration in the past with Simtech, as years ago the official assessment was carried out in their simulator and location. Something happened along the way and now they are not in good terms. In fact, the TD of the airline during some recent open days across several ATOs, strongly suggested to avoid the APS at Simtech. This has been confirmed by several students that I have talked to. Why? We don't know, maybe business related issues.

Regarding Virtual Aviation, I am been told that Ryanair had talks with them to become a training partner but the ATO refused. VA wants to be accessible to everyone, and if they become a Ryanair partner, they had to change some polices and review some score methods and will go to the disadvantage to some students. VA prefers to be opened to everyone and offers training in the B737 as well as the A320 so you can try as many airline assessments as you want afterwards.

Sorry for the off topic, but it's important to understand this things before choosing.
Hello marotti.
Many people here don't understand what Sky4u is standing for. And their reputation isn't good. Regarding quality of the students I think we're on the same side. I think the quality depends more on the students character, not the type of training. And you have always good and bad students, everwhere. But I really hate this crazy advertisements from sky. Ryanair should now search deeper and get a closer look with whom they are partnering. Happy to have no connections to them.
I think Ryanair will stop the collaboration when they have enough partners in UK and Ireland.