PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 14:27
Smythe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The NYT article is very interesting on so many levels.

Test pilots validating in the sim only? Hopefully, something is lost in translation with the reporters. Makes me wonder if the "tests" Boeing stated it has done have been on the production ac or in the sim?

Also curious, according to the article, MCAS was supposed to use AoA and G force measurements. Unclear if MCAS as implemented included G-force or not.
In going back to the original intent or design of MCAS, does this include the G-force, to my knowledge, this hasnt been mentioned before as part of MCAS.

On flying again, damn...

Clark warned it could take six months to restore operations as other regulators re-examine the U.S. delegation practices - though U.S. majors have only suspended MAX schedules to August.

"That is why it is going to take time to get this aircraft back in the air. If it is in the air by Christmas I'll be surprised - my own view," he told reporters. Emirates' sister carrier flydubai is a major 737 MAX customer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-airline...042835842.html