PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 60 Minutes Boeing Tonight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 07:53
QuarterInchSocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HarryMann
For so many to keep complaining that this situation was straightforward and instantly recognisable trim runaway, thus just a matter of applying standard memory item...
is a bit disingenuous when post after post and pilot after pilot here have acknowledged it doesn't necessarily manifest as such. And certainly not at altitudes and flight regimes one might have the time to see it for what it was... or in fact, for what it wasn't !
relative to the first prang, your point is valid. However, for all subsequent ops exhibiting practically identical symptoms - I believe it SHOULD be straightforward, and caught early having already happened.
Due diligence I believe would see professional pilots study as much as can be studied both about the accident and on the manufacturers reaction by way of the fcom bulletin. I am left wondering if the ill fated Nigerian Air pilots briefed the possibility of the runaway stab situation during the taxi takeoff briefing. Stick shaker at unstick (liftoff) would be a good indicator that a possible ‘runaway’ stab exists.

just my opinion, I don’t consider myself neither right or wrong