PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using GPS ground speed to resolve Unreliable Airspeed
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 07:47
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pineteam
Yanrair, if it was a good idea to use GPS in an unreliable airspeed case, aircraft manufacturers would recommend using it.
Read your previous post again: 2 serious mistakes that in real life will put you in a dangerous situation. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.
Some airlines do use GPS in UAS training.
OEM plane makers generally don’t teach airlines how to operate in difficult situations. In my last major airline a great deal of the training was developed locally
the fact that I made a typo in a previous post that was glaringly obviously a typo does not alter the fact that GS is a pretty foolproof way of avoiding calamity in serious confusing UAS situations with multiple distractions. Over years I have seen pilots flying calmly through situations which, if you don’t believe that GS is a game changer , would be extremely difficult if not fatal. If AF447 had maintained 450 kts and not changed pitch and power we wouldn’t be having the tenth anniversary this week of 300+ deaths.
So I am sorry, attempting to use a maths error in an otherwise proven scenario won’t change the science!
thanks for pointing out the error though. I wii shortly write an error free version which I will invite you to take apart on a factual basis!
y