PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 01:38
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Update-Query from Sunfish-Legal advice

Hi Sunny,

and thanks for the query about legal advice. To be frank, it is my very last course of action. CASA is aware of that and during this week I will demonstrate on here, and any other forum, that I have gone to great lengths to resolve this, in fact more than could be reasonably expected of any human being. I think it will clearly demonstrate the lack of resolve within the Aviation Group headed up by Mr Crawford, to resolve this. As always, I encourage CASA to become involved. Perhaps a person could be nominated from within CASA to publicly respond to claims that I make on here. That would be fair and transparent. It would also demonstrate that CASA is prepared to publicly defend the way they engage the GA Industry. I have no doubt that CASA will have some defence to stop them coming on here.

Lets get back to basics. The Board could make a direction and nominate someone to represent CASAs perspective. They wont. They will actually DECIDE not to.

Let me be very clear. I worked side by side with CASA personnel ,irrefutably on record. (in fact they wrote to me drawing my attention to how many resources they were directing to the project), and CASA had approved me to do what I do, 18 months earlier. Without an inkling of notice, or any prior concern expressed at all, that initial document they sent me, left me in no doubt of CASAs intention, that in 7 days it was more likely than not, they would bring my entire operation to a halt after 15 years of safe and compliant operations. There were no safety concerns at all expressed by CASA, and there were no regulatory breaches. CASA cannot refute that.

Such action, at least begins with a face to face discussion with me, and if CASA understood APTA, they would appreciate the domino effect of their action, as it effects a number of operators, their continuity of operations, and the people who depend on them for their livelihood.

Anyway, I have been mindful of public funds, as that it one of my major concerns with the way CASA operate, in fact I believe the Aviation Group within CASA has shown a blatant disregard for its obligations under the PGPA Act, and I have continually put forward solutions that would minimise the impact on Public funds. I will demonstrate that later on, as time permits.

For those that have an interest in following this matter on here, you may wish to acquaint yourself with the PGPA Act. No doubt you will roll your eyes thinking "not more rules". Its not bad document. In fact its quite "clear and concise" for a legislative piece. Almost demonstrates that it can be done. https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2013A00123

I will continue to avoid engaging any legal advice for as long as I possibly can. The engagement of legal advice suggests to me that their is no remaining good intention in the process. The ball is in CASAs court.