PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 00:57
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 20driver
............. After reviewing the other slides I came to the conclusion the man is the PT Barnum of our age and began to be very skeptical of the rest of the AGW movement. Everything else I have researched tells me that there is a gross oversimplification being sold of a very complex system we do not understand or control.
Most people are convinced that the relationship between climate and CO2 is analogous to the burner on your stove and the control knob. Simply not true and no evidence anywhere.
Thanks 20Driver, my feelings exactly.

Do I deny climate change? Definitely not. Who can possibly argue that point?

Now, about cause and effect. A much more complex question.
Much too complex for me to get on my soapbox over. Sufficiently complex to give me a serious dose of the skeptics though, especially when the common case is being pushed by rattle snake handlers.
They seem to have won the day, for now.
Unfortunately I will not be here to see the science resolved. I just know that we're a long way from that point just now.

Consequences? I just don't see even the worst predictions resulting in the demise of mankind.
Even if the negative outcomes of the warming trend outweigh the positive (and there will be some of those also) the worst outcome that I can imagine would be a slowing in global population growth.
Now convince me that that is a bad thing.