PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet June 2019 Amy Johnson
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2019, 19:20
Skysurfer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Don't post much, but I've been through the whole recruitment process and was happily successful and now currently in the Talent Hold Pool.

I have experience, but not rated on any airbus fly by wire product. My TT is 2000 hr, which is much less when you factor in the EasyJet hours, which means I'm actually a second officer, so minimum pay.

I won't go over the online stuff.

The day was at Concorde house.

Part 1. We met in the cafeteria. Showed them my documents and met with the other candidates, whom were all very experienced and a pleasure to chat with. There were 6 of us in total.
Part 2. Went upstairs and had the company presentation, which if you researched, is all very repetitive.
Part 3. Group exercise and was basically putting together giant straws and connectors to create geometric shapes, each shape was a value in euros and then it was totalled up. They are all around the room looking at how you act as a team. I was all smiles, laughs and we all worked great together and in the end was the winning team!!
Part 4. One on one interview. I had an HR lady and she asked about my career and I just gave her a story timeline approach and then she went on with situational questions, which if you have experience is extremely easy to answer!! Don't put pressure on yourself, just write down some good experience and use one of those examples. Infact I answered two questions in one answer, which was a bonus and she was very happy!
Part 5. Sim Assessment: Fantastic experience with an EasyJet training Captain. I would love to fly with this guy, from New Zealand, very good at his job teaching. We had a brief, talked about how to track an NDB, which is something I do every day, so ended up answering those questions and then we reviewed the profiles for take off, cruise and landing and proceeded to the sim! Sat down and had about 15 min to go over some of the basic stuff in the aircraft and off we went!! The airbus is very nice to fly. Point the stick to where you want it to go, up, down left or right and let go and the flyby wire takes care of the rest!! Much easier than what I fly now!! It is all raw data, no flight directors, no autopilot and no auto thrust but they aren't asking anything difficult.

Departure out of EDI, TLA6C off of 24. Track the outbound VOR radial and then you'll be on radar vectors climbing and descending with turns at the same time. Anticipate your power, as I'm use to instant Turboprop power, so that was definitely something new! Then you track the NDB back to the airport for 24 with radar vectors once he see's good tracking. Then you do the approach Raw Data ILS 24. He'll freeze the sim for the briefings. I used my current company SOPs to give me some awareness and just pretended it was a big ATR! My partner was great! Kept on top of stuff and we were an excellent team. Landed and left!

The job requires you to buy a type rating for 22,500GBP up front and you are bonded for 10,000GBP over two years.

Looks like most of the jobs are in the UK and the European bases nearer the end of 2019 early 2020.

Found out I got the job one week later. I hope this helps and good luck to you all!!