PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 1st Jun 2019, 14:40
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!
Thanks Bend and PEI.
I just have a hard time with Boeing not keeping the manual electric trim operating when MCAS does its trick.

Looks like Boeing is sticking to the "existing procedures would have prevented the crashes" story. Ditto for some of the uber pilots here. Problem is recognizing what is wrong and the magnitude/length of the MCAS commands.

PEI might be able to explain it in technical terms that some here will not fathom, but I say go for it.
- Why can't the trim commands be a function that uses "q" and mach as we did in the Viper instead of a "bang-bang" fixed amount and fixed time of application? In other words, follow a geometric plot as we did for AoA versus gee and control deflection gains.
- If MCAS is using the A/P circuits, why disable other force functions such as the control column switches for force ( not the electric switches).

Gotta be nore than meets the eye, and I do not feel training is the answer. Fer chrissakes, we are not training Top Gun fighter pilots or NASA astronauts.

Gums sends...