PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 1st Jun 2019, 13:27
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheiC

First, there’s no plan for any violence that I can see.

Second, those people are not going about their daily lives peacefully. They’re wrecking the planet. Waving banners hasn’t worked. As a professional aviator who has studied the science on this, I’m truly ashamed of my industry and its head-in-the-sand attitude.
As we have seen with previous environmental protests things turn violent quickly. There were over 1000 arrests in London last month.

And I'm sorry but air travellers are going about Thier daily life peacefully. You should be more ashamed of those wishing to cause mass disruption to your industry by trying to force Thier way of life on innocent passengers. And innocent they lost certainly are. You don't expect to be loaded with guilt and accused of wrecking the planet when you need to fly somewhere. Do you know each passenger personally? Do you know the measures they take at home to reduce Thier carbon footprints? I fly often but I don't own a car and recycle, reuse and repair to the point of having OCD about it. I cycle, walk and limit my plastic use as much as possible, do I deserve to be accused of wrecking the planet? Will you personally tell people who miss funerals, family events or even important meetings that it's good they were delayed?

And say the banner wavers get Thier wish and UK air travel is curtailed. Who will employ those who lose their jobs? Who will compensate those who relied on air travel for Thier own personal or professional life? Will air travel curtailment solve the rivers of plastic in SE Asia or the coal factories turning the sky black in China?

​​​​