PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 1st Jun 2019, 04:52
six string

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to prove either way...

for mere mortals like myself, we are limited to books, newspapers, online sites etc. they keep using the phrase, “since records have been kept.” as the foundation for all their conclusions. From my limited span of awareness, approximately 50 years of paying attention, I haven’t seen much myself. But from reading books totally unrelated to the subject, I do have a few questions. The dinosaurs were extinguished by a climate change, weren’t they? Even before then, there was a drastic climate change, wasn’t there? And in the forward of a book about the Spanish Armada, there was a sentence stating that that particular summer was one of the hottest ever known, but that was before proper records were kept, and that being one of the many reasons we don’t all speak Spanish. My books are packed up for moving, but I personally have purchased quite a few scientific tomes which state that this climate change we are seeing is much more complicated than what airplanes can affect. Are the papers wrong that say that livestock produces more CO2 than all transportation combined?

So few of us have the ability to really examine this subject independently. That’s why I can’t personally tell anyone they’re right or wrong, but don’t condemn us who are not convinced by the flavour of the month, year, decade looming disaster. We have seen too many falsehoods in papers, books and governments to be easily convinced.

yes, let’s try to reduce carbon pollution, but drones at an airport should be dealt with very harshly. Just think, Emma Thompson might be on one of those flights and her speech at the protest might be delayed!!!