PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 1st Jun 2019, 00:12
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by ProPax
I believe in science. But what I see now is that any scientist who opposes the "vox populi" gets ostrasized and loses any financing for his research.
Debunked:

Climate scientists could make far more money in other careers - most notably, working for the oil industry

If Climate Scientists waned big money they could just become deniers and get paid off by groups like the Heartland Institute, bankrolled by Shell and Exxon Mobil.

People who dare to say they don't believe in global warming are immediately ridiculed and attacked from all fronts.
As they should. Not believing in human caused climate change in 2019 is akin to believing the earth is flat. There’s tonnes of scientific proof backing up these facts, and people who choose to believe quacks and fossil fuel lobbyists only have themselves to blame if they are being ridiculed:

Climate Science Denial Explained

I want to see a scientific discussion on the issue, not witch hunting.
The scientific discussion has been had, and the conclusion has been overwhelmingly reached. I had previously thought the consensus was 97%. I was wrong. It’s more accurately 99.84%:

Consensus: 99.84% of Peer-Reviewed Articles Support the Idea of Global Warming

By all means have a debate, but the topic is “what are the best measures to take to slow the rate of climate change” and “what role should Aviation play in the solution?”. The topic isn’t “is human induced climate change real?”. That was ended years ago.

There’s probably 0.16% of “scientists” who think the earth is flat, or chemtrails are real, or vaccines are a conspiracy to control the population. I guess we should hold a debate and legitimise their views as well, huh? /s

Last edited by dr dre; 1st Jun 2019 at 00:33.