PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern A380 -- Hail damage to radome, cockpit windows, leading edge surfaces
Old 31st May 2019, 23:51
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OK4Wire
No problem with that, Curtain, but be open about it.
Ah, they do with a sticky thread in R&N right at the top Notice regarding post responsibility and anonymity
27th Nov 2012 until 6th Feb 2106
NOTICE: You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Recent high-profile defamation events illustrate that there are ways in which third parties can force personal data, including contents of personal messages, to be released by bulletin board owners. Be careful - libelous/defamatory posts can and have landed members in legal hot water. PPRuNe will not guarantee your anonymity in such situations.
What constitutes libelous/defamatory? I'm sure the owners of PPRuNe have to straddle a multitude of jurisdictions who will use all sorts of mean to restrict what they view as unfavourable content. Their legal defence fund can only be so deep and so they censor as they deem fit. Do I agree with it? No, but I see what a great resource it is.

I've personally given some pretty robust criticism of recent events and a US based manufacturer that would be unhappy to read on a public forum that may be judged by the public as expert commentary (not self flattery, just 25+ years in the industry, relative to knowledge of the non-pilot). A few of my posts were deleted, but for the most part they remained.