PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2019, 17:29
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
I would have thought there must be very few families with kids and luggage who would be using fullfare airlines from LHR.
Fair point, but the point I was making that the above argument about the train is all well and good , but pretty sure , given it was a good seller with what was it British Midland? .
That to have a direct shuttle link to LHR, is not only good for the region , but we cannot be certain if prices would increase , Post Brexit on KLM .
But the idea back on point , to get on a plane in Teeside or Doncaster , ABZ etc etc , and simply move to another part of the terminal without carting luggage on the underground, which isn't exactly a quick journey out to Heathrow. So in answer to the post above the only good rail connection is that which GWR are taking over .
But it's still not as convenient as landing directly at the Airport, from.which your onward journey leaves .
Flybe clearly think so, why else would they release the map and their onward plan to serve , DTV, DSA, HUY and I think LDY the others I cannot recall.

I do feel sorry for folk who had a decent airport, and slowly watched it being ruined by those running it .
Here's hoping all that public money is worth the investment.