Old 31st May 2019, 15:08
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
March CAA stats:
Terminal passengers: 11,106 - down 7% v prior year
Aberdeen: 1,555 - down 37%
Amsterdam: 9,554 - up 6%

Amsterdam shows year-on-year growth for the 18th month in succession and (at 112,985 passengers in the past year) is doing better than any time since 2008 . Aberdeen down again due to the extra Loganair flights last year and still a bit down on March 2017.

Rolling 12 month passengers: 138,480
Do KLM operate routes to ' Sun ' destinations, I just wondered as seeing how at Teeside they seem to do well, would they be a possible provider , for example to Palma and Alicante.
(I'm not up on the various facts about airlines or the industry, but I have a keen interest, plus having been bombarded with emails from Ben the Mayor I've been keeping an eye on this thread ).

Or would TUI come back?, Can anyone remember what their loads were like on the bucket and spade routes?.

I.did also read the comment above about rail, but I think a Heathrow link , is more about for example a family with young kids, not taking the car , but struggling from kings cross either to Paddington to catch the Heathrow express, or the Tube , and various changes on that, with heavy luggage. Not really an attractive idea.
Wheras with a direct LHR link and a tie up with another carrier perhaps , then would that be viable ?.

Also Flybe themselves showed that map with their Aim, DTV and DSA and HUY they all on there , as future links to LHR.