PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embraer to be known as Boeing Brazil
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2019, 14:34
ProPax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alemaobaiano
The biz jets are almost all based on the earlier rear engined ERJ family, so there is no cross over with the E-Jets line that is now Boeing Brasil, except in the case of the Lineage 1000 which is built around the E-190. I don't know how that one will work out, but I'm sure they will find a way.
I just did a little "digging". Embraer posted roughly $400mln net profit lately. The development of E-jets cost $1.5bln. Boeing paid $4.2billion for a PART of that company. Actually, a part of a part. So, from where I'm sitting, Boeing spent an enormous amount of money for what they could've gotten in their own warehouse. How in the world did that deal get through the Board and through the shareholders meeting!? We should use Muillenburg as tank armor!!!

Originally Posted by alemaobaiano
There are a lot of vehicles put together here, but there isn't a Brazilian motor industry any more. GM, FIAT, Ford, Scania, and Hyundai all assemble vehicles here, but we don't see much, if any of the profits. Few are assembled to international standards and most are older models, as well as prices that are beyond the reach of most buyers unless they resort to high interest credit.

I was back in the UK in January and showed photos of the Corsa I hired while I was there to one of my car mad techs, he didn't recognise it as a Corsa it was so many generations ahead, and with an equipment level the local market never sees. Imports with 80-120% duty, only for the rich and corrupt.

TTFN
You would not believe just how wrong I was about Brasil! I had a completely different picture in my head about how it worked for the people. I'm stunned by this new discovery. Maybe I should connect my TV to some news channel?