PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 31st May 2019, 10:50
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I can buy an Australian shelf company for less than a thousand dollars in one day. Stamp, articles minute book, asset register, shareholder register, etc., etc. Why not an AOC?

I fail to understand why a plain vanilla AOC is not similarly available for a flying school, club or charter operation using plain vanilla cessnas and pipers with maybe VFR and IFR options. There would also need to be add on modules for acrobatics and other endorsed activities.

Clearly the cost of an AOC is a barrier to entry which is not in the public interest.

As an AOC is a barrier to entry that does not add value to an operation, I would have thought CASA would be actively in favour of a simple cheap off-the-shelf product which it sounds to me was what APTA was attempting to offer. After all, where is the value for the taxpayer in forcing each fledgling business to reinvent the wheel at great cost before it can get started?

I would have thought a Government interested in jobs, investment and economic growth would reward an institution like CASA for streamlining business approvals processes to make it quicker, cheaper and easier to start an aviation business.

Lets hope the current problems Glen thinks he has are just a minor glitch and that he and CASA can work out a solution that is a win/win for everyone.