PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deleting mail from an iPad
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2019, 09:04
YorkshireTyke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parabellum
My iPad faithfully copies every inbound email that comes to my desk top PC, at times this is useful but generally I would like to delete them, I now have just over 800 emails on my iPad. Apart from going page by page is there a quick way to empty each folder, one at a time please?
I would like to know that too. In "Inbox" I have only found a way to "Edit" - a bluecommand at the top of the page - then tick the little circle to the left of each message one by one, which turns blue, then "delete" then "delete messages" which puts them in Trash. After that go to the Trash folder and again "Edit" and this time you delete the whole folder in one go.

Anyone get any better idea ?
For the life of me I can't see why one shouldn't be able to "select" a whole swathe of Inbox messages at one go. Only 800 ? How lucky ! I had 4,000 when I tried to give it a go. Eventually I achieved it by selecting about 100 messages at one sitting, three or four times a day, i.e. during the Ad. breaks whilst watching TV, and eventually did it, and gained about another 6 Gb of space back, Now I do it daily. One lives and learns, but Come On, Apple, get with it.

Anyone got any better idea ?