PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low-flying complaints up in East Anglia
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2019, 20:12
pr00ne

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by NAROBS
I can understand why people do complain.

Fo8king, so called "Radar calibration flights" are the bain of my life.

Every 18 months, some complete nobhead in a twin engine light commercial does repeated landing circuits for Northolt between midnight and two o'clock.

I'm in the flight path, about a mile from the NE/SE run way. So, in the depth of the quiet night (Yes, it is quiet in South Harrow at night), every ten minutes, for two hours, you get sonny-boy making a simulated approach with all the engine throttle jockeying noise that involves. Who ever heard of "Radar calibration flights" in this day and age of digital self-calibrating kit ?

Radar calibration of what ? The aircraft's on board systems or Northolt's on-ground facilities ? Surely, once the on-ground facilities are installed that's calibration done until you install new kit, unless there's lots of new building underneath the Flight Path, which there's not, as its an already a built-up 1930s suburb.

Bloody annoying. Even if it is just a "Job-for-the-boys". You just get off to sleep and he's overhead again winding-up the prop pitch.

With any luck, the change in approach path consequent on the third Heathrow runway will make this some else's problem. . . . .

N.

(Aircraft enthusiast and co-attendee of Harrow County School For Boys with Mr Portillo !)
Narobs,

You sure that isn't a Navajo doing something entirely different?