PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embraer to be known as Boeing Brazil
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2019, 15:34
ProPax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alemaobaiano
Brazilians are not especially patriotic, except when the football or volleyball teams are winning, and they will only buy locally produced goods when there is no alternative. Those with the necessary cash buy the imported real deal, those without buy the imported contraband fake deal, but very few will support local industry by buying a national product.

The E-jets were never very popular here until Azul came along, and that only happened because of a very favourable deal for Neeleman to take the Embraers.

This new JV is causing much less commotion than many seem to think. The military and executive divisions remain as Embraer, and are considered by those Brazilians who have an interest as the important parts. Embraer has been viewed as essentially foreign owned since privatisation, so renaming the JV as Boeing Brasil (with an S) doesn't cause much of a stir.

TTFN
Hmm, looks like I had a very wrong view of both the country and the countrymen. I was thinking more along the lines of the cars and trucks that they make and buy locally, but then again, that's probably due to the high import duties? I also didn't know that Boeing didn't get the bizjet division! How is that going to work? They'll buy frames from Boeing Brasil (with an S!!!) and outfit them?

Thanks for the information. I'll adjust my brasiladar. :-)