PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldwings Warsaw - Feedback
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 23:55
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: For me it meant no marketing and whatever is being asked the answer was not like : "yes everyone get to the airline", "everything is perfect, you can fly whole PPL(A) in 2 weeks" and stuff like that. I did not have a feeling of marketing but a more honest normal conversation. As for the rest of the school it have existed in over 10 years and through the big crisis (without problems) and I do happen to know the planes and sims are owned by the school except for one investment (my plane). And I decided to do it because I saw how good the school worked, if I did not think so I would never ever invest in it because why? As for "track record" feel free to check on the facebook page how many pilots trained in Goldwings got to the airlines, you can actually write to them too and ask. As for the quality of training, well as you can see in the sporadic real complaints (not those anonymous from other schools and a fired instructor) they are about the school demanding a high level of flying and theoretical knowledge to be obtained by the students. And that in most cases require more time than standard 45 hours for PPL(A) for example (some did it in the mandatory hours).

As for the APS MCC it is both to learn on a Boeing 737 sim (and they are actually targeting the assessment there) and get a shortcut to get the Ryanair call (as I told you not everyone got the call, but everyone got some assessment some even more than one at the other airlines) plus I will do of course train extra with Sim sessions to be even better. Flying is always about improving, so it will definitely not harm to do well in the SIM. And it will also probably not harm if the HR see I believe in their company and wish to do my best effort for it, instead of someone who come there thinking (its a good first job). And the HR know probably what other airlines with bases in Poland pay so they believe Polish pilots will stay.

Oh and there is no APS MCC at my school so the part about "flogging someone into their courses" its better to write it in the APS MCC topic.