PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldwings Warsaw - Feedback
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 22:37
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What exactly does "most honest and realistic" mean?
If I am training, I want a company that can deliver a high quality training, and I would prefer someone who have a good track record of this. Everybody seems "honest" until their business does not have enough money, and they declare bankruptcy and go away to Bahamas with your money.
Most FTO's don't even own offices, aircraft or sims, they often lease them.
You might sign on to a program where they tell you they will give you an FI job, however if business is bad, what job can they offer you? Promises are worth very little in this industry.

As for RYR when I applied myself, I did get interview, but I got offered something else that I felt was better, and I never regretted this, however I have met plenty of ex RYR pilots telling me how relieved they are to have finally left RYR. However I have no issues admitting it's a good first job to gain experience, however eventually everybody grows tired of the RYR way of being treated.

As for spending nearly 10.000 Euros on APS MCC course, is fine if you have the spare cash to throw away, I am just telling all the others who don't have this money, don't sweat it, you will be fine. You will get interviews without spending this money, rather invest in a few Sim sessions targeting the actual assessment you will have when that time comes.

Than again what do I know, rather listen to people from FTO's on here trying to flog you their FTO's and courses, that might get you an airline interview. It's not like I havent already been trough this whole process the last 10 years.

I was lucky I got someone with years of experience to mentor me, and prepare me for the step up from having a CPL/IR to being ready for an airline. And it was nothing that I learned from an MCC or JOC.