PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The worst decision.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 19:17
pitotheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blastcalvy as others have said you have been a FI for 25 years in which time there have been many cycles in the job prospects for commercial pilots including periods of sponsorship. This period has also included the rapid growth due to low cost operators. What was your plan to fully exploit your skills and passion in flying? How were you hoping to move from a Cessna to a Boeing? Did you really want to be a commercial pilot?
i fear as you must be approaching your late 40s you may have left it too late for commercial flying. To be brutally honest you would be deemed a high training risk in terms of “trainability” and CRM skills. If you have no way of paying to upskill your qualifications to ME and IR then the only sensible option is to try looking for another career and fly at the weekend. I briefly instructed at a local club and met many interesting people who worked in different areas of the economy. Some even offered me a job in their business as I presume they liked my enthusiasm and professionalism, I am less enthusiastic these days though! Perhaps you could explore this avenue. Alternatively you have years of teaching experience including technical subjects. Our schools are in desperate need for technically able teachers, particularly male teachers. There are funds available for training.
You need to step out of your comfort zone and take a little bit of a risk, however, there are options.