PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldwings Warsaw - Feedback
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 18:59
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you want to waste your money, and money is no object, than sure APS MCC is helpful to a certain degree. But I don't believe it increases your chances to get a job that much, just that you like to part with more money than you have to.
In 2010 - 2012 the average time from you applied with Ryanair to you used to get confirmation of an interview was around 1 - 3 months. But there would be around 2000 - 5000 people who applied, so most got rejected. And that time you also had to pay for the interview with RYR, I am not sure if they still do this now.
But paying £6000 - 8000 for some APS course, vow.... I am lost for words of how newbies are being exploited.
It's good that Ryanair still have sheep ready to come to their muck, but each to their own.
You have many years to go before you become a Captain with RYR, and by the time you arrive at that stage, you will most likely have a different view of them.

I am curious who have made you believe you will get so many airline interviews when you are ready with your 200 hours SEP?
I know one guy with couple of thousands hours on jet, ATPL score average 97%, already 700 hours PIC, and still waiting for a full interview. As I said, FTO's are very good to tell you the airlines will be lined up to interview when you are finish, reality however can change very quickly in short time in this industry. All it takes is major economic downturn, NAS or another big airline to go bankrupt, and life for newbies becomes a nightmare for many years ahead.

Personally I am less optimistic for the next 2 - 3 years ahead, as there might be some big casualties soon in the business.

P2F I would avoid as the plague, 3 guys I know 3-4 years ago, paid 65.000 Euros to an East European FTO, to include TR + 500 hours on type, shortly after TR, the company went bankrupt, but still pocketed 195.000 Euros from these 3 guys, criminal. That's why never pay any FTO up front, for more than the course you currently doing.