PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Stuck Manual Trim Technique
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 15:45
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by boofhead
I confess I don't understand your objections to what I am saying. If a stall strip comes off an airplane in flight and then the pilot subsequently finds on approach that the wing is dropping, should he give up? Just let the airplane fly into the ground? I would posit that there are pilots out there just waiting for that opportunity. He does not have to know why the wing is dropping all he has to do is react and recover.

If a pilot gets ice on the tailplane and experiences tailplane stalling should he think "I have not been trained to handle this so I just give up?" If a pilot finds that after lift off his airspeed indicator is not working because of ice/tape/bugs/malfunction is he allowed to just give up and throw the airplane into the ground? He has a sudden engine failure, follows the drill but forgets to feather the prop should he just sit there and allow the airplane to roll itself up into a ball? Even distractions in flight have caused the pilot and his passengers to die. All these things have happened and hundreds of people have died as a result, often with professional pilots flying the aircraft.
While I appreciate that the JT and ET CVR transcripts haven't been made public, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that the words "I give up" won't feature on them at any point, from any of the four pilots involved.