PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldwings Warsaw - Feedback
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 11:43
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: There is no pilot shortage still if you work for it you get to the airlines, all 3 of my instructors got an airline job within 1 year from when they were done with their training and they did not even need to do the APS MCC. Its a totally different market depending on where you wish to work. Its all up to the persons level of performance, probably everyone who do an APS MCC will be called by Ryanair for example if doing their official APS MCC program.... so when you get the chance its up to you. The difference between now and past time is that now you actually get the chance and some airlines call you (I know this for real by talking with my instructors) what you do with your chance is up to you. In the past if you did not even get a call then where could you prove what you can? So this is the big difference.

What did surprise me was that people willingly put like 2x the amount necessary to complete their training in other nations than Poland and afterwards make a an eternally long thread about how few aircraft are available and with real student names too.... and then I see that aircraft are waiting for students in Poland.... and sadly some schools in Poland are 'helping" themselves by creating a mud throwing competition that hurt the opinion about the whole nation for no reason..... That is why so many "pseudonyms" bomb google reviews of almost every Polish school except the one that is already full.

People should visit the schools, not only Goldwings that I am student at, visit also the other ones in Poland and see yourself the reality and what suits you best. Then you will notice at once that anonymous google reviews are mud throwing b*****it.

@LauraTahvanainen01: First of all you should write down the hours you did as part of PPL(A) training in your logbook. And the school will for sure write a confirmation for you that you did those hours at the school. Oh and when at another flight school I hope you will write an honest opinion about your new instructors there. Because from what I heard most of your training was done with the very best instructor (in my opinion) at the school and students are actually waiting to get this instructor because he got a passion for instructing, he does let the student make mistakes to learn from them, he does encourage the student to not give up and try harder plus he is never ever angry at the student no matter how hard the student is failing. I wish to get this instructor for the SEP part of my CPL(A) training and my FI(A) training. Some students wish to fly only with this instructor..... So I do really, really hope you will tell us your experience at another flight school.

Last edited by KT1988; 29th May 2019 at 13:48.