PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 29th May 2019, 11:00
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Clear and concise

Interesting point Sandy, the obligation to provide "clear and concise aviation safety standards' is actually an obligation that CASA are required to achieve, and in fact I provide the extract from the Civil Aviation Act below.

The failure to achieve that, impacts significantly across industry, and in fact I suggest every business owner in the GA sector has been impacted by this failure. In fact that leads beautifully into my next post, which further and highlights the failure. Now that failure alone wouldn't be as significant, if it was accompanied by a collaborative approach from CASA towards industry. Its not an environment to act in a bullying or intimidating nature. In fact everything in this story comes back to those failures. The failure to achieve clear and concise aviation safety standards and the failure to act in a well intentioned manner.

9 CASA’s functions (1) CASA has the function of conducting the safety regulation of the following, in accordance with this Act and the regulations:
(a) civil air operations in Australian territory;

(b) the operation of Australian aircraft outside Australian territory;

(ba) ANZA activities in New Zealand authorised by Australian AOCs with ANZA privileges;

by means that include the following: (c) developing and promulgating appropriate, clear and concise aviation safety standards;