PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Stuck Manual Trim Technique
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 10:21
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
I think this is perhaps the most important topic ever to have been discussed on pprune. Some weeks ago I suggested threads dedicated to different facets of the subject. Although Tech Log might normally be appropriate for the technical issues, I wondered if a sticky that could be added to on R& N might be more at hand.

I had hoped there'd be a way to lay out all the technical information so that it could be added to but not constantly repeated. For example, the action and the limitations of the trim switches. The logic here is that the limitations of the trim action has been raised in recent days, and I for one had forgotten the subtleties.
The hidden column switch's modified functionality is another example of a highly relevant and fairly complex issue. But in over 6,000 posts I still have to trace the circuitry to make some sense of a doubtful consensus. Tough to get a clear picture.

I entirely agree the training issues should be separate, though it's inevitable a technical thread cross-referencing will be needed.

And then there's Boeing and the FAA, a major subject of course, but while it would be good to have it focussed in yet another thread, to be able to link to known reference points in the technical thread would be a very useful tool.

I don't know who would do all this work as I doubt an open thread 'sensible use' policy would be free of repeated strong opinion. Yes, I'm one of the guilty ones.

There has been so much good data posted since November, but so many re-postings and confused not-so-new questions make it hard to sort the wheat from the chaff, but as implied, this is perhaps the most important crisis to ever hit civil aviation and it could go on for years. Perhaps it deserves an unprecedented pprune structuring that would work in the long term.