PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 28th May 2019, 23:54
Smythe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is true. But the roller coaster method of regaining partial manual stabilizer control certainly is effective in the Boeing 737 Classic simulators despite nothing in the FCTM that specifically states how it is done.
Of course, in the classic.

The NG has a larger stab, and a smaller elevator....

What is the procedure for this configuration?

It appears the FAA has finally caught up, and well,

the lazy B has been caught.

In reality, I am far over this ****. The aircraft industry is held back by all of the bull**** regulations, that when you read them, are so old, dont relate, or are so vague to be unusable.
New designs and technology are hampered by attempts to fit into 1950s capabilities, (or abused by compliance)

If you want to let the aviation business really soar, fix the regulatory process to allow technology to expand as a NEW FN system, rather than a legacy bull**** system. FK the " its the same and no new training is required or type" It is not....

I would much rather be trained on a new fightdeck capabilities, and the intricacies of the AP, than they tell me it is the same as a -700 or -800, FK an iPAD and I am cert'd, and expect me to react when the FN nose points down......

I WANT to know the differences, I WANT to know when the **** hits the fan, what I need to do about it. This bull**** about hand flying the aircraft, is becoming just that, bull****.
The MTOW and thrust alone between these variants should tell someone with "experience' that it just doesnt work that way anymore...

Last edited by Smythe; 29th May 2019 at 00:15.